Monday, March 14, 2011

Beware


Well, the Ides of March have come.                                       

So said Caesar. And we all know how well that worked out for him. I am hoping that Mars favors me more than he did Julius since tomorrow I am undergoing my two big tests. The first involves being strapped to a table and slowly tilted upright in which position I get to remain for up to an hour. Unless I faint. Then I get a hall pass. The second involves having a catheter inserted in my thigh up to my heart which will elucidate the electrical activity while the doctor tries to induce arrhythmia as I enjoy a "twilight sleep." This will go on anywhere from one hour to four should the team find some errant conductors they wish to destroy while they're in there.


How fun.


After these exciting events, I am to lie immobilized for up to four hours waiting for a clot to form at the insertion site. I am advised not to bring any thing of value so, no laptop. What is a mildly-sedated blogger to do? The ceilings at Washington Hospital Center had better be very interesting, I tell you.


The worst part of all of this? I have no idea when I will be eating again. 


I do hope that once I am finally allowed to move enough to eat, the food is as good as it was at Providence Hospital, the scene of my first visit to the ER last May. I had a nicely-seasoned meatloaf entrée with very fresh haricots verts and fluffy mashed potatoes with a delicious gravy.


If it's as bad as the food I received at the scene of my second ER trip at George Washington University Hospital, then I will curse the seer and her reply to Caesar:


Ay, they have come, but they are not gone.

3 comments:

k. said...

thinking of you, doll

YesMa'am said...

Me ma was born on the Ides! Hoping you are hanging in there...

Opti said...

Oh k.! Your blog is wonderful and effervescent just like you :)

Yes Ma'am, I hung and was briefly hanged. Happy birfday to yer ma from me. Tell her thanks for giving your friends such a lovely gift in her daughter!